[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Landscaping adds an average of 14.8 percent to a home's value.
- Homes with attractive landscaping sell quicker-by as much as five to six weeks.
- As home improvements go, landscaping is an excellent investment. Recovery value at selling time can be 100 to 200 percent.
- Landscaping enhances property values, which add to the community's tax base
- Proper placement of shade trees and evergreen windbreaks reduces cooling and heating costs.
- Trees moderate urban "heat islands!' created by extensive paved areas. Lawns cool a home at the same rate as a one-ton air conditioner. Lawns also trap dust, absorb noise, and provide outdoor living areas for children and adults.
- One tree removes 26 pounds of carbon dioxide from the air every year and releases about 13 pounds of oxygen-enough for a family of four on a daily basis.
- Plants reduce noise pollution up to 50 percent.
- Plants control runoff and erosion. They allow soil to absorb water, returning it to aquifers, Decreased runoff means less urban flooding.
- Plants provide food and habitat for wildlife, which contributes to biodiversity and a healthier environment.
- Landscaping creates green space for human rest, recreation and renewal